A. Mina Tran
Garden Grove, California
phone: (714) 702-1437
Contact: Contact Me
A. Mina Tran immigrated to the United States as a refugee with her family in 1975 as a young girl. She obtained her Bachelor of Arts degree with honors from Boston College in 1991 and received her law degree from UCLA School of Law in 1996. Prior to founding the firm of Tran Law Group in 1998, she practiced fair housing and employment law, and was involved with class action tort actions against private and public defendants.
Ms. Tran has spoken on issues of small business management, immigration law and workers’ compensation law at Whittier Law School and UCLA School of law. She has been a guest lecturer at California State University, Los Angeles on immigration business visas. She has been an active member of the Orange County Bar Association serving as secretary of the Immigration Law section and continues to be active with the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
In addition to her practice Ms. Tran is an adjunct professor at Santa Ana College teaching Immigration Law in the paralegal program and Business Legal Environment.
Ms. Tran is admitted to practice in the Central District Court, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals as well as the California Supreme Court.
Areas of Practice:
- California, 1998
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1998
- UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, California, 1996
- Law Review: Asian Pacific Law Review, 1995 – 1996
- Boston College, Boston, MA, 1991
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Honors: 8 Semesters Dean’s List; Full Academic Scholarship
- Princeton University, Princeton, NJ, 1989
- Woodrow Willson Fellow
- Andy Torosyan
- Christina Allen
- David D. Murray, Esq.
- Geraldine Ly, Esq.
- Immigration Law, Santa Ana College, 2004 – Present
- Business Legal Environment, Santa Ana College, 2008
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Orange County Bar Association, Immigration Law Section, 2003 – 2004
- AILA, 2001 – Present
Pro Bono Activities:
- Constitutional Rights Foundation – Moot Court, 2000
- Constitutional Rights Foundation – Moot Court, 2003