Investor Visas

The Investor Visa Categories

Tran Law Group — U.S. Immigration Lawyers

As a firm, we help investors in California, the United States and across the globe to obtain United States investor visas. Schedule a free consultation with us and a Tran Law Group Lawyer will discuss the right visas services for your needs.

Types of Investor Visas We Assist With

Visas for Treaty Investors and Traders

Persons wishing to invest in or trade with a company in the U.S. may be able to obtain either a Treaty Investor visa (E-2) or a Treaty Trader visa (E-1). You must be a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation.

The purpose of your entry must be either to carry on substantial trade, including trade in services or technology, principally between the United States and the treaty country; or, to develop and direct the operations of an enterprise in which the national has invested; or, is in the process of investing a substantial amount of capital.

The EB-5 Visa

Investors may be eligible for an EB-5 visa and lawful permanent resident status in the U.S. if they create an original business, purchase an existing business or invest at least $1 million in a commercial enterprise in the United States ($500,000 if the business is in a “targeted employment area”). Ten-thousand EB-5 visas are available each year through the USCIS.

Applying for an Investor Visa

An applicant applies for this visa by submitting an application and evidence of the trading enterprise or investment enterprise. This application usually takes several months to process. There is an option of premium processing where the USCIS will process the petition within 15 days for an additional fee of $1000.

Spouses and unmarried children under 21 years of age, regardless of nationality, can accompany or join the principal visa holder in the United States for the duration of his/her stay, but require derivative E visas. Family members are allowed to obtain a work permit and work legally while in the United States.

Holders of E and EB visas may reside in the United States as long as they continue to maintain their status with the enterprise or their investment.

Professional, affordable immigration help for clients in the United States and from around the world

For more information on investor visas — schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys by calling our Garden Grove, California, offices at (714) 702-1437 or by contacting us online.

Hablamos Español — Chúng Tôi Nói Tiếng Việt