Visa Waivers for Criminal or Immigration Violations


Tran Law Group — U.S. Immigration Lawyers

Basic information on the types of United States visa waivers our attorneys can assist you with is proved below. For more information schedule your free consultation online today.

Criminal or Unlawful Presence Issues

Were you previously deported as an “illegal alien” or removed from the U.S. for any reason? Did you ever stay past the expiration date of a visa you previously entered the United States with? Have you ever been arrested or convicted of a crime?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may need to obtain waiver in order for your visa to be issued. Criminal or immigration law violations may bar you from returning to the United States for 3 or 10 years.

People with criminal convictions may be prevented from obtaining a visa or entering the United States because it makes them inadmissible. Some criminal convictions can be waived allowing the visa to be issued and legal entry into the U.S.

People who have overstayed their visas or entered the U.S. without a visa have accrued unlawful presence. If you have accrued more than 180 days of unlawful presence, you are barred from entering the United States for three (3) years. If you have accrued more than 365 days of unlawful presence, you are barred from entering the United States for ten (10) years. In order to enter the United States sooner, you will need a waiver.

There are also many other reasons why you may be refused entry into the United States such as health related grounds or prior immigration law violations. Our attorneys help people in the United States and at U.S. consulates to obtain waivers allowing your visa to be issued and a lawful entry into the U.S.

Professional, affordable immigration help for clients in the United States and from around the world

Our firm offers free initial consultations and provides quality legal services to people in California and across the globe.

For more information on visa waivers, your need for one and whether or not our attorneys can help you to obtain one — call our Garden Grove, California, law offices at (714) 702-1437 or contact us online.

Hablamos Español — Chúng Tôi Nói Tiếng Việt