Employment-Based Immigration

Employment Immigration

Tran Law Group — U.S. Immigration Lawyers

Basic information on United States employment immigration and the work we do for our clients is provided below. If you have any other questions feel free to schedule a free consultation with us.

Employment Immigration:
EB-1, EB-2, EB-3, EB-4, and EB-5 Immigrant Visas

In order to obtain an employment-based immigrant visa, you must have a job offer from a U.S. employer and you must be qualified through education and experience for that job. There also must not be a qualified U.S. worker willing or able to take that job. The amount of time it takes to complete this application can be a few months to several years if a labor certification is required.

Because these visas are subject to the visa quota system, timing is an important consideration. Even so, the U.S. issues at least 140,000 employment-based immigration visas every year.

PERM: Labor Certification for Employers

In order to bring workers into the United States, U.S. employers must first seek to obtain foreign labor certification with the Department of Labor or the USCIS. Also known as PERM, the labor certification process allows the U.S. Department of Labor to certify that the job cannot be filled by a U.S. worker. Most employment based immigration visa categories require labor certification before the application for a green card can be submitted.

Employment Immigration: Nonimmigrant Visas

Nonimmigrant visas are for persons who come into the United States temporarily for a specific purpose. There are many types of employment-based nonimmigrant visas. Each one is specific to the type of work and skill level required by the U.S. employer. In many cases, workers come into the United States on a temporary basis with a nonimmigrant visa and then apply for their green card.

This category of visas includes:

  • A- visas (career diplomats)
  • B- visas (temporary business visitors)
  • E-1 and E-2 visas (treaty traders and investors)
  • E-3 visas (Australian citizens)
  • H- visas (temporary workers in special occupations)
  • L- visas (intra-company transfers)
  • O- visas (extraordinary abilities)
  • P- visas (athletes and entertainers)
  • R- visas (religious workers)
  • TN visas (NAFTA professionals; Canada and Mexico)

Professional, affordable immigration help for
clients in the United States and from around the world

Our firm provides quality legal services to people in California, throughout the United States and from around the world.

To arrange a free consultation with one of our attorneys — call us in Garden Grove, California, at (714) 702-1437 or, contact us online with a brief description of your employment immigration needs.

Hablamos Español — Chúng Tôi Nói Tiếng Việt